When a loved one dies in another state or county, FRIENDS Funeral Home can help you bring them home. You can rest assured that we will give your loved ones the very best care while transporting them to their final resting place. FRIENDS specializes in ship-outs of full remains, domestic and international, to countries all over the world.
Our services include:
- Transportation from home, convalescent, hospital or coroner
- Discounted basic professional service fee
- Burial transit permit
- Certificate of non-contagious disease
- Filing fees
- Consulate or embassy processing fees
- Arranging of certified translations
- Overnight postage
- Expedited processing
- Booking of airline arrangements
- Ziegler case and/or air tray shipping containers
- Expedited filing of permit and death certificates
- Liason with foreign affairs, TSA and airline
- Transport to LAX or other LA airports
Domestic Ship-out: (Airfare not included) – $2153.00
Human remains can be transported via Amtrak or plane. Embalming is usually recommended but can be avoided in certain cases. If you intend to ship a body inside a casket domestically, Amtrak is a more affordable solution, since airfares are calculated by weight. If time is of the essence and shipment via plane is preferable, we recommend using a light-weighed Ziegler case/Air tray shipping combo for transportation.
International Ship-out (Airfare not included) – $3500.00
We ship to most countries around the world. While ticket prices vary on weight and destination, usual airfares ranges from $1200 (Mexico) to $2500 (Europe), $3000 (Middle East) up to $5000 for very remote locations with multiple lay-overs. For detailed prices please call 888-939-5959 for more information.
If traditional religious washing prior to departure is requested (Ghusl or Islamic washing, Taharah, etc.), the cost is an additional $400.